|Unit Standard ID||116932|
This course is designed for users who want to be able to use a computer. Understand the various Hardware and Software elements that form part of the Computer System. Get an understanding of the Windows 7 Operating System at a basic level. Use simple Applications and Accessories to learn the Mouse and Keyboard.
This course is for the absolute beginner who has never worked on a computer before.
- Identify Hardware Components.
- Monitors, Disks, Keyboards, Mouse, Printers and Multimedia Devices
- Understand the difference between the System Software and Application Software
- Mouse Skills
- Use the various mouse skills to navigate the Graphical User Interface and Open and Close Applications
- Keyboard Skills
- Get a full understanding of the keys that are used in various programs
- Be able to use the keyboard to type sentences, enter numbers and special characters using various Applications and Accessories
- Shutdown Windows
- Close Applications and Shutdown Windows
- Using Windows and Screens
- Identify basic parts of the Window
- Manage Applications
- Start and Close Applications
- Understand the Concept of Files and Folders
- Using Windows Accessories
- Use Paint, WordPad and the Calculator to practice mouse and keyboard skills